23 April 2008

Signs a'Springin'

I haven't had a chance to take any pictures of all the work I did in the garden this weekend. The moment I do, I will have pictures. Pretty much, I moved mountains. Or pieces of ones. Boulders. Well, rocks. but enough to constitute a mountain. And it should drain better. Luna (the kitty) likes her little rocky perch - great for teeny tiny game hunting (or so Susan, our landvixen, says).


However - one of my favorite places is open - Walker Farm's stand. I get to drive past it every single day on Route 5 during my commute. It is fabulous. All winter, as I watched it being buried under snow storm after snow storm, until you couldn't even see the sign again, I kept wondering if it would even be there come spring time. But - it is - in all its flowering glory. They sell everything you could possibly ever want to plant. And the whole place is just gorgeous. And last year we got these heirloom tomatoes that were hands down some of the most amazing tomatoes I have eaten. Ever.

Ah, spring. It is very nice to have you back.

No comments: