07 August 2008

Home


I am having huge painful urges to go home. It happened about this time last year, too. It is as if I can only handle approx. 6 months of time away from Kentucky before I need to visit again. And maybe - just maybe - I am a little jealous that Chris's sister now lives soooo close, and we get to see her when ever we want. And that we got to spend time with his friends and family when they came up this year. Flying is prohibitively expensive, and after last August's experience, I swore not to fly until the airlines got their act together. And driving, well, not really an option either, although I am itching for a road trip. Maybe I'll just head down to Boston to see Johnna in a week...

2 comments:

Zachary Allen Selter said...

If getting back home wont work - try this on... Ive decided (this morning, in fact) that I really need to do something constructive - literally. I want to make something with a physical result, and I think it would be all the more awesome if that something were collaborative. A book, a zine, a furry knitted stuffed animal, it doesnt really matter. I need a project.

And I'm half mad with the sudden frenzy that this idea has brought on, so Im venting it everywhere. Even if it doesnt directly (or remotely) relate to you being home-sick...

anaclare said...

Hm...there is always the annual holiday ornaments....